An Application for enrolment form can be downloaded here. (PDF 470K)
The Dharma School offers an educational philosophy derived from the methods and wisdom of Buddhist teachings. It teaches wisdom and compassion as a pathway to develop human potential. Students and families of any religious belief or secular background are welcome to join the Daylesford Dharma School community. Our school community supports the principle of non-harm and the development of wisdom and compassion. These principles unite us as a school community with a commonly shared view of recognising the interdependent nature of all life.
School Enrolment Procedure
Parents who are considering enrollment at the Daylesford Dharma School are encouraged to fill out a pre-enrolment form. This links the parents into the school’s data base and provides extra opportunities to attend planned Dharma School activities and information sessions as they investigate education options. Parents who have given full consideration to enrolment are encouraged to lodge a full enrolment application with the prescribed fee. An interview will be organised at the school before a position is offered.
Enrolment applications will be accepted according to the policy guidelines. Parents of preps are encouraged to:
- Complete a pre-enrolment form as an expression of interest in exploring the potential to enroll their child. This ensures equity of selection and enables the school to consider a balance of class compositions in its planning.
- Make full use of the information and familiarisation sessions available to inform their decision making.
- Complete a full enrolment application when consideration has been given.
- Attend an interview with the Learning Coordinator and Director to discuss their child’s needs.
- Attend the prep transition days in December which provide for the child to build familiarity and enthusiasm for their forth-coming school year.
Enrolment applications will be accepted according to the policy guidelines. Parents of children transferring from other schools are required to:
- Fill out an enrolment application form.
- Attend an interview with the school Learning Coordinator and Director.
- Provide past school reports from schools attended.
- Meet with the school’s Special Needs Coordinator to communicate special needs and expectations.
- Be prepared for the school to contact their former teacher if appropriate.